[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: SLL protocol implementation ?

> >What browsers support what
>
> NetScape supports SSL, Secure NCSA Mosaic (from EIT) and SPRY Mosaic support
> Secure-HTTP.

I believe Spyglass' Enhanced MOSAIC 2.0 will also support S-HTTP.

At the ISOC conference, I asked Allan SChiffman from EIT about the
divergence of S-HTTP, SSL, and Shen, and how he thought the protocols
would evolve - would they converge, or would there be competing protocols?

His response was that Netscape had recently announced support for S-HTTP
in the Netsite Commerce Server.

This came as news to me. Can someone from NCC comment/confirm/deny this?

- Anish

Anish Bhimani		 			anish@ctt.bellcore.com
Secure Communications & Services Group 		(908) 699-5571 (phone)
Bellcore     					(908) 336-2943 (fax)